Monday, April 13, 2009

Update on Canine Lullabies


In my previous post I told you about Canine Lullabies, a CD with music for dogs. I hoped it would quiet down the gang when they get too riled up or just when I need some peace and quiet. Well, the CD has arrived and I have used it several times, and I am happy with the results. 

At night when I put the two puppies in their crate together, they decided it was time to wrestle and growl. I put the CD on, and they settled down within a minute or two. When the two goldens staying here were too rowdy and wouldn't go to sleep at 2 am the other night, I got up and played it again. Again, everyone settled down and went to sleep. 

I can't swear the music did it, but the dogs certainly relaxed and went to sleep. So I consider my experiment a success! I wonder if the pulsing sound  of a heartbeat helped me go to sleep too. I never heard another peep all night.

Shown above: Izzy (Isabella) and Blaze, poodle mix (6 months old) and chihuahua (3 months old). They live together and sleep together in a crate--and play long and loud all day long!)

3 comments:

barrie said...

Ugh, now I'm going to have to buy it too!!

Anonymous said...

If you are interested, I'd like to send you a new cd of lullabies for dogs. It really works! It has been tested on several dogs and it has helped with separation anxiety and just calms the dogs in general. It's called "Mellow Dog Melodies" - instrumental with meters that mimic the heartbeats. Let me know if you're interested!
Thanks,
Patrice
pcosier@cox.net

kathleen said...

Why buy a cd that has meters the "mimic the heartbeats" when there's already a cd that has real human heartbeats that really works to calm dogs. Canine Lullabies really works, they use it in over a thousand humane societies and shelters to calm terribly stressed animals. P.S. it does help people sleep, too, especially babies.
Kathleen
kathleen@rangegallery.com